วันศุกร์ที่ 16 กรกฎาคม พ.ศ. 2553

++ Factory Reconditioned Milwaukee 2691 84 18 Volt Cordless M18 Lithium Ion 4 Tool Combo Kit



Background: After having my 14.4 volt Black and Decker Firestorm Combo Set stolen, I spent weeks doing research on new and reconditioned tools. I found my old Combo Set very useful and intended to replace it with a similar set up: drill, circular saw, light, reciprocating saw charger and two batteries (with an additional drill and two more batteries to be purchased later). I made multiple trips each to Home Depot, Lowes, and Sears to check sales as well as try the feel of various brands. I also spent many hours online reading reviews and price checking. In my store visits I encountered several sets that would have made good purchases, including a Porter Cable Combo Set on sale at Lowes.

My priorities: I would have gladly gone with Black and Decker and 14.4 volt technology again. Those tools were a good investment, and, at about $130, the best CHEAP deal I could find. In thousands of hours and six years of heavy home use, the B & D set rarely lacked power. Four batteries and two drills were adequate for continuous use in drilling holes and driving screws. Perhaps even more importantly, I got very lucky with the balance, weight and grip of those tools (especially the drills). They fit my hands comfortably, enabling me many hours of use with minimal fatigue. I enjoyed using those tools. Comfort, usefulness and durability became my top priorities in replacement. Price was important, but secondary.

Results: It came down to Makita and Milwaukee. Their overall reputation for reliability and customer satisfaction is very good. The drills seem balanced and fit my hands well. I opted for the 18 volt Lithium batteries, which do not seem as heavy as similar NiCad batteries and will probably be manufactured for many years. However, there seemed to be occasional mechanical issues with Makita tools and batteries. Additionally, when shopping, I seemed to be able to find more complete and less expensive Combo Sets from Milwaukee. In part this was due to the excellent prices and selection at CPO Milwaukee. I ordered the Combo Set about six months ago. It arrived promptly and in excellent condition (there was minimal packaging and some damage to the box but the contents were unaffected). The tools appear new or very close to new. I have used all the tools to some degree. They feel very solid and all work perfectly. I can feel a large improvement in each individual tools quality over my old set, although they are a little heavier. The saws both feel much sturdier and stronger, and I plan to use the cordless circular saw as a replacement for my (also stolen) corded circular saw. There are nice features on the tools: built in work lights, a good chuck on the drill, the head of the light swivels, a great carrying bag, the circular saw has an easily adjustable shoe and, an amazing improvement in ease of use, the blade is mounted on the left side of the saw. Also, one of the included batteries was the lighter, more compact 18 volt XC.

Notes and quibbles: Quibbles - the Milwaukee batteries are sometimes a little difficult to insert into and remove from the tools or charger. Notes - I replaced my second stolen B &D drill with a very compact Bosch 12 volt impact driver from CPO Bosch. I will eventually write a second review. In summary: I love it. I will probably purchase the matching drill. The impact driver, which has plenty of power and fits and feels great in my hand, can be carried in a large pocket. It's only drawback, in impact mode, where it operates much of the time, is LOUD! I have taken to using earplugs.



I would gladly purchase these tools again and CPO did its' part perfectly.
(2 customers reviews)
Customers Rating=4.5 / 5.0

More Detail For Factory Reconditioned Milwaukee 2691 84 18 Volt Cordless M18 Lithium Ion 4 Tool Combo Kit


  • Reconditioned Milwaukee Products have a One-year warranty through the Milwaukee factory or an authorized service center
  • High Perfomance Drill/Driver - 1/2-Inch single-sleeve ratcheting metal chuck with carbide jaws
  • High Perfomance Drill/Driver - Milwaukee 4-pole frameless motor maximizes tool efficiency to increase run-time
  • Sawzall - Patented gear-protecting clutch extends the life of the tool
  • Circular Saw - Heavy-duty magnesium guards for maximum durability

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น