วันศุกร์ที่ 18 มิถุนายน พ.ศ. 2553

!$ Milwaukee 0730 22 V28 Lithium Ion 6 1 2 Inch Cordless Circular Saw



Put this saw through the paces today, free hand cutting exterior .451 inch tongue and groove plywood for a 12' gable end on a roof. This is my first cordless saw and I should have gotten one of these two years ago. By waiting though, I bought the latest battery technology with the Milwaukee V28 Lithium-Ion, which puts the older battery types to shame. I love the freedom from a cord, and the brake on this saw stops the blade immediately when you off trigger the power.



Free hand cutting this thin plywood was a good test of the saws ability to stay on the line and not make wandering cuts. I used 2x4 extension supports on my saw horses to hold up the plywood sheet and during one cut I didn't position the ply away from the 2x4 underneath, and as the blade encountered the support lumber, the saw bogged down a little (I actually thought the blade was just getting pinched) and then it emerged past the 2x4 as I finished my cut. The 2x4 was cut like I had used my miter saw, perfectly clean. And this cut was at quite an angle, like 60 degrees, so I was cutting through the 2x4 for quite aways. Very impressive.



I then used the tool to trim off the thinner outer edge of the plywood. I normally would have used my jig saw for this, but the Milwaukee saw offers such confident control, I marveled at the way it shaved off this thinner stock and just kissed the fatter edge of the ply with the backside of the blade as I used it to smooth it off flush. Using this saw will turn you into a plywood surgeon.



After I was done, I recharged the battery, even though the battery wasn't showing signs of being drained, which took about 20 minutes. Its good to know though, that the second battery provided with the saw was ready to go if I needed to go to it, so I could keep cutting.



One thing you'll want to have when you use this saw is ear protection. The thin kerf blade makes a racket. Use the plugs.



Five stars



Update: One con (and my only complaint) is the way the depth of cut adjusts. Its hard to put a progressive tension on the adjustment; its either too tight to move the shoe up or down, or it just free falls to the end stop. I may have to take it apart and add a lock washer or something on the bolt to allow a smoother operation. More later.
(6 customers reviews)
Customers Rating=5.0 / 5.0

More Detail For Milwaukee 0730 22 V28 Lithium Ion 6 1 2 Inch Cordless Circular Saw


  • Revolutionary 28-volt lithium-ion technology
  • 4200-rpm provides exceptional cutting power
  • Fast acting electric brake improves productivity
  • Tactile grips on both handles allow for added control during operation
  • High strength aircraft aluminum shoe resists bending for accurate, precise cutting

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น