วันอังคารที่ 6 กรกฎาคม พ.ศ. 2553

$*$ Milwaukee 5387 22 8.5 Amp 1 2 Inch Hammer Drill



I almost want to say "medium duty" but that implies this is a lightweight, and it toys with Milwaukee's Heavy Duty slogan.



For me, however, this falls between the V28 hammer drill that I use for most small tasks and the 5342-21 Rotary Hammer that I use to drill through fieldstone, thus it fits a niche between the other tools.



It is an excellent tool, and for most users it will be the most powerful drill they need. Although I am somewhat disappointed in it, most of that fault lies with my intended use exceeding its capabilities.



Although I'm sure it is great for brick and masonry and maybe even concrete, it handles longer holes clear through fieldstone and river rock with a bit of difficulty. A good part of the fault lies in the availability of bits that don't fall apart (most brands didn't survive more than an inch or so of cutting; to be fair, I didn't try Milwaukee or Hitachi brand bits; Irwin seemed to work the best).



The only reason I'm taking any stars off whatsoever, is that the chuck seemed to loosen up on me with most of the 1/2" bits I tried. It had no problem hanging on to the smaller bits I used for pilot holes, but it let go of quite a few other bits. With the Irwin bits, you can fit the 1/2" ones into the teeth of the chuck in a certain way and they will hold beautifully, but if you put them in off of that ideal axis or if you have a round 1/2" bit, it tends to slip, and that's not a good thing.



Although I had to step up to the rotary hammer to meet my needs, I still expect to get use from this drill in more suitable mediums ~ wood decks and fencing, especially, and perhaps some brick or so forth.
(12 customers reviews)
Customers Rating=4.5 / 5.0

More Detail For Milwaukee 5387 22 8.5 Amp 1 2 Inch Hammer Drill


  • 1/2-inch dual speed hammer drill with an 8.5 amp motor that provides overload protection
  • Dual speed motor optimized for concrete fastening: 1-1,000 rpm, 0-16,000 bpm; 0-2,500 rpm, 0-40,000 bpm
  • Metal gear case can withstand daily jobsite abuse
  • Includes depth gauge, side handle, carrying case
  • Weighs 6.4 pounds; 14-3/4-inch long; 5-year limited warranty

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น